Generic Structure of a Novel Review
Generic Structure of a Novel Review – Learning competency:To comprehend the rhetorical structure in written monologue text accurately, fluently, and acceptable in the context of daily life and to access knowledge from novel review.
Learn about it!
Do you like reading novels? How many novels have you read. By reading a novel, we can go into unimaginable adventures. We can also get unlimited pleasure, information and knowledge. The story of novel puts imaginary characters and events together. Sometimes, you may also find non-fiction novel which tells about a true story.
Novel is a source of entertainment which is suitable for students. There are various themes and genres of novel out there which are interesting to read. To know if a novel is interesting or suitable for you, you can read its review first. You can get a brief description about a novel by reading its review. This time, we are going to learn about generic structure of a novel review.
Novel review is a text that summarizes and criticizes a certain novel. A novel review firstly gives you the general description of the novel, such as: author, title, genre, and a short synopsis. After the synopsis, you may find a text description which provides ananalysis and brief explanation of the novel.
Mainly, the review explains the main characters of the novel and some exciting key events which hopefully invite the readers to read the novels. In the last part of a novel review, you will find a judgement part. It states some opinions, criticism and recommendation regarding the novel which you can look at to find out if the novel is worth reading for you. So, the generic structure of a novel review is as follow:
Consists of general description of the novel, such as: author, title, genre, and a short synopsis.
Describes the main characters of the novel and some exciting key events.
Gives the opinions, criticism and recommendation regarding the novel.
Do you understand?
To enhance your understanding, take a look at the following novel review.
picture source: www.wikipedia.com
- In the novel review, you can see the use of simple present tense. It is because most sentences there are factual descriptions of the novel and the writer`s opinions of the novel. You can also find some adjectives describing characters and things of the novel, such as: magical, mystical, marvelous, long, simple, suitable, and so on.
- In the last paragraph, the judgement part, you may feel that the writer is a little bit persuasive there. She gives her opinion and evaluation which persuade you to read the novel.
Here are things you should remember in writing a novel review.
- There are three parts of a novel review. They are context, text description, and judgement.
- Novel review mostly uses simple present tense and some adjectives for description.
Incoming search terms:
- generic structure novel the last photo